• Police Vs SC Villa – MTN Omondi stadium
Uganda Police Football Club will seek returning to Uganda Premier League winning ways against visiting Sports Club Villa on Wednesday 19th May at MTN Omondi Stadium in Lugogo.
The Cop are looking forward to ending a four match winless streak having drawn once and lost three times in our last four League games with the recent disappointment being a 3-1 defeat to URA FC.
The Cops unpleasant run saw us loose 3-1 and 2-0 to Wakiso Giants and Express before a goalless draw with KCCA FC hence all eyes are targeting SC Villa’s scalp.
• Captain Tony Mawejje was sick and missed our previous outing to URA FC at the Arena of Visions in Ndejje. The midfielder is weak and could return on Saturday.
• Striker Derrick Kakooza will continue being on the sidelines and is tentatively expected to return against Mbarara City over the weekend.
• Odong Johnson suffered a joint dislocation against the Tax collectors and the game comes too early for the attacking midfielder.
• Left back Reuben Nicholas Kimera returns from his brief layoff. He was stretchered out against KCCA but could return against the Jogoos.
• Midfielder Frank Tumwesigye and defender Samuel Kayongo are all out while the rest of the Players are available and ready to get the job done.
Police coach Abdallah Mubiru is optimistic about getting positive results despite expecting a tough encounter.
“It’s another tough one but we are well prepared and looking forward towards to getting positive results. We have had a number of games that we have under performed and we have managed to rectified the shortcomings and looking forward towards improving on our performance.”
The first leg fixture with SC Villa ended in a 2-2 draw at the Bombo military barracks playground in March.
• Police – 6th (38 points)
• SC Villa – 9th (32 points)